1. Galentine's Day authors were revealed! I wrote my first fic in probably two years or so and it felt nice to be writing again. Teach Your Children
- a T:SCC fic that's about Savannah Weaver and her many mommies.
I also received a WONDERFUL fic for Scott & Bailey by gabolange
: Life on Mars
. It's Gill and her relationships with the various women on the show and how they overlap.
I should probably get a AO3 account but I just feel really awkward about my old fic. That and the majority of it is written for BSG and I really still hate that show.
2. I'm going on a TV watching binge, which I have mixed feelings about. I feel like I watch a ridiculous amount of TV. Right now, I'm watching Silk, which I can't decide whether I like it or not. The pros are that Martha Costello is completely kickass and idealistic in the pursuit of justice. The cons are I think we're supposed to like dickhead Clive and the show wants to put them together. Plus a slightly ridiculous miscarriage.
I'm also watching Green Wing because Pippa Haywood. It's very . . . British comedy.
Then I have this never-ending list of THINGS I SHOULD WATCH:
1. Top of the Lake
2. Orphan Black - I watched the first episode and it didn't click? I also was sad they killed the German one.
3. The Americans - since it's Jack and Irina, apparently
4. House of Cards (both BBC and US versions)
5. Forbrydelsen - I watched the first six episodes and I like it, I just need to get back to watching it again.
There's probably more but I can't think of them right now.
3. BASKETBALL. I have an awful confession. Since Pat Summitt's retired, I haven't been so invested in Tennessee as I used to be. Nebraska women are kind of taking over my heart. They aren't an elite program but I just kind of love watching them. Also, with the dawn of the Big Ten Network, I get a lot more Big Ten teams games aired than I can get of Tennessee or Notre Dame or Stanford.
4. In two months, I will be in Denmark.